Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

First off, happy Valentine's Day to everyone. Valentine's Day is a fun day, in my opinion. Not for the obvious reasons of spending a nice day with the one you love, no; but rather because it's a day that lots of people get to spend getting things done they would have normally put off. Take me for example. I put off so much work that when it's time to turn it in I'm a little lost. Today, though, is the perfect day for me to get caught up. You see, normally I let me friends and my laptop dictate what I do throughout the day. I start some work, then I see something online and get distracted. When I'm distracted I become susceptible to other distractions. In walks Matt. 'Nuff said. And so on this day, with my laptop back at my apartment in Akron and me at home in Solon. And so on this day, with all my friends out with the ones that they love and me at home. An so on this day, with nothing to do but to catch up on work, I work. I didn't initially intend that to be like a proclamation, but it works so I'll stick with it.

So I was playing some Halo with Matt and his little brother, Dan, yesterday. I guess Dan had some problems with his friends. He's in a few cliques (in 8th grade) and so people from one got mad at him for hanging with he other and vise versa. I guess this caused a bit of a firestorm and so a lot of his friends on both sides stopped talking to him for stupid reasons. Matt and I did all we could to cheer him up and help him forget about it all and I think we did a good job. As I was getting ready to leave and head home last night he said, "Hey, I forgot I was mad at my friends, thanks." That, to me, shouts 'SUCCESS!!'

Because I Can:

“I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I’m good at everything.”

2 comments:

  1. Haha, middle school.

    Glad you got work done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may sound silly but it's not. The way you were thinking is very mature. Grandma is proud of you.

    ReplyDelete