Thursday, February 5, 2009

Afternoon Naps

I have discovered the wonderfulness of the afternoon nap. Over the last week I have been so incredibly tired that I have been unable to make it a full day of classes without dozing off at some point in class... several times in each class. However, upon returning to my apartment I have taken up the habit of relaxing for about two hours watching t.v. and then dozing off for 45 minutes to an hour. I feel absolutely amazing when I wake up. I don't mean I wake up and I'm awake and that's that. I mean I wake up and it's as if I'm floating on a cloud in the heavens, angels are singing, the sun is shining, birds are chirping, the Indians are winning the World Series, the Cavs are winning the Championship and the Browns are winning the Super Bowl. So, when I say I feel amazing, now you know what amazing means.

Normally I'm not one for naps. In fact, in high school I would stay awake until I was ready to go to bed anyway, regardless of how tired I was, simply because I despised the nap. The last week, though, I have gone out of my way to nap, which is really just missing an episode of CSI: NY. I lose out on some early time to do work and stay up a little later at night, but to nap is to love and to love is to live. I think that means that if I don't nap I'll die.

I bought a clock, but then the big hand broke off so I just added "ish" to each number.

Pizza bagel
time!!

2 comments:

  1. You made me LOL reading how you felt after your nap. I take naps and when I wake up I'm hungry. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying not to take naps...but it just sounds so nice the way you put it!

    ReplyDelete