Sunday, February 15, 2009

Because I Should

So it has come to my attention that I cannot cook. I mean, I was under the impression that Easy Mac and egg sandwiches was cooking, but I guess I'm mistaken. Today, my grandma and I did some shopping. She took me to Marc's and got me some food and some pans and tried to give me some advice on cooking. So far the few things I have to work on are spaghetti, ravioli and stir fried veggies. It doesn't seem too hard, let's just see how lazy I am about it. After we were done shopping she and I sat around talking a bit as we got things ready for dinner. About 30 minutes later my grandpa got back from the gym and we started talking about cooking for some reason.

Well, he started telling me about this huge scary guy he used to know. He described this guy to me as an African-American ex-con, over 6 feet tall, 250 lbs. or more, just about all muscle and very athletic. He told me of a conversation that they had when he asked this guy how he went about picking up girls and asked him what he said. Apparently the guys response was this, "Well you see, Kenn, it's easy for me. I just approach the lady and say, 'Hello. How would you like to come over to my house, you can bring your kids if you have any, and let me cook you all some supper?' and I have yet to be turned down." My grandpa got a huge smile on his face, looked at me and said, "That's why you need to learn to cook!" Thank you grandpa, you have motivated me! After dinner, we had pasta, I got all my groceries together, came back to my apartment and put them all away. Also, just because I don't do well on Sunday nights when I have class early on Monday I think I'm going to stay up all night... yea, that seems like a good idea.

Because I Can:

“I saw a guy at a party wearing a leather jacket and I thought, ‘That is cool.’ But then I saw another guy wearing a leather vest and I thought, ‘That is not cool’. Then I figured it out: ‘Cool’ is all about leather sleeves.”

1 comment:

  1. I cooked the other day...I should really think about doing that again sometime.

    ReplyDelete