Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Because I Don't

So I think at this point I have nobody to blame but myself. After complaining about not having enough time to do this two page paper and write a two minute speech I have sufficiently wasted the past two days that I could have been working on it doing just about everything that does not constitute school work. I thought about getting to work on it several times, but I just haven't felt motivated. Not that I don't think doing my work is important or anything, I do; but I've been in a really weird funk. I sit here with my work and I start writing. I get a sentence or two out and then I just completely lose focus and can't concentrate. I'm not sure exactly what it is that's causing it, but I need to figure it out muy rapido (very fast). Yay Spanish!!

As you can see by my newly updated time stamps that now tell the correct time, it is around 1 a.m. and I am chugging Dr Pepper. I really shouldn't be doing this because of my terrible habit of failing, but it appears an all nighter is in order. I don't know why I put myself through this. I don't know why I'm finding this specific project so difficult either. Normally when I put things off until the last minute I'm able to get into a zone, get focused and pound out the paper in about an hour. When I do this I usually get an 'A' because I really do work best under pressure. Unfortunately, as I said, that is not the case for this paper. There is something wrong with me and I don't know what! Gah!! Exclamation mark!!!! (Haven't had one of those in a few posts).

I think that this paper is just my form of writer's block. It's in my way and until I get it out of the way I'll be stuck in this rut with no way out. That brings me to a good news/bad news scenario. Good news: Paper is due tomorrow no matter what as my last attempt at an all nighter, to finish this paper, left me asleep on the couch and missing class; and tomorrow (today) is the last day to turn it in. Bad News: Since I missed my turn in day and tomorrow is the last day, no matter what, to turn it in, I have no choice but to pull an all nighter regardless of whether I wanted to or not. Oh what foolishly tangled webs I weave myself into without realizing how much of a mess I make. D'oh!

Because I can:

I heard this lady say “I love kids.” That’s nice, a little weird though. It’s like saying “I like people, for a little while.” “How old are you? 14? F*** off!” You can say “I love kids” as a general statement, that’s fine. It’s when you get specific that you get in to trouble. “I love twelve-year-olds.”

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahahahah at the last thing.

    As far as everything else is concerned, I think you should just try to make it through this week
    , get your sleep schedule back on track this weekend and start over. Try spending more time on campus where you have nothing to do but work. I know that ever since I stopped frequenting my room I've gotten a lot more work done.

    ReplyDelete