Friday, February 6, 2009

Hooked On A Feeling

It's nice to have someone to talk to. For most of my friends I have the honor of being that person. It has its ups and downs, but overall it's a good feeling. When someone has a problem, they're sad, need to vent or just have an urge to talk about something they often come to me. I like being there to help them and to get them through whatever situation they are in or problem they have. I like making them feel better. The downside for me, however, is that I don't really have any one person to talk to. Yea, I have lots of people I can talk to about different things, but I don't have just a single person I can talk to about anything. Sometimes I miss that. It can be hard having personal things you want to talk about, but not having anyone to talk about it with. I don't think that there's anything specific I want to talk about, but it's easier to just have someone you can trust and count on.

The last week or so I've been in a weird place and haven't really known how to deal with it. I don't know if it's something that's going on around me. I don't know if it's something I'm feeling and I don't know if it's just the weather. Whatever it is I hope it will be gone soon. I don't really remember the last time I've felt like this. In fact, I don't think I ever have. It's a strange feeling. I'm not really sure where to go with this. I think writing about it and getting it in the open is why I'm taking the time to write it out now. Keeping it all bottled up inside is part of the strange feeling, I think. Only one way to find out I guess.

In other news, House is on and House makes me feel better. I'm going to go watch that now.

2 comments:

  1. Jared, You must be a very caring person that others come to you for advice or just a good listen. It's not always easy carrying others burdens. Psalm 4 is a good read.

    ReplyDelete