Saturday, March 7, 2009

Watchmen

I saw Watchmen last night. It was amazingly good. Now, I haven't read the graphic novel so I wasn't completely filled in, but I thought it was pretty easy to figure out. My friends James and Mary didn't think so though. Afterward, they seemed pretty confused as to what had happened. Overall, I thought the acting was great by all parts, the special effects were off the chart and it was just very well put together. The only problem I had with it had to do with a certain part of Dr. Manhattan's "costume". I'll just leave it at that. Not that there's anything wrong with it though...

After the movie, James and I sat around in the parking lot for a bit just catching up. He's been home for about a month, but it's the first chance I've had to see him in the past year and a half since the last time he was home. What started with me just driving next to him and talking to him through the window ended up with he and I parked behind the theatre standing around and talking for 3 1/2 hours. We didn't really plan on it like that, but it was fun. We did a lot of talking and catching up.

I didn't get to sleep until around 4:30 and slept until around 3, but I got interrupted quite a few times. Matt called me once, I got a few texts from James and I had a guy call me twice looking for someone named Bob. I'm back in Akron now and just waiting for something to do. Matt should be back at some point and Carmen is coming in about an hour. Guess I should get some homework done while I can.

Because I Can:

"I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality. "

No comments:

Post a Comment