Saturday, January 24, 2009

Good Job Matt...

Not much happened today, least of all anything exciting. My mom did stop by for about an hour though, which wasn't too bad. She attempted to give me recipes for things that I could cook by telling them to me. Despite my telling her I would not remember them she continued. Now she has to write them all down and e-mail them to me anyway. Besides recipes I had the lovely honor of explaining to my mom the drinking game Kings. It wasn't all that bad, but I then had to explain to her why there was a certain quote written on our marker board along the lines of, "Matt is done....." If you have any interest in knowing what it said, ask me for a complete story. I'm hesitant to say it here with grandma reading, so I won't. Also, way to go Matt!

Apparently it would take about 400 lbs. of TNT to kill a giant mutant shark which is good to know. Also, for any of you gun owners out there, make sure not to store any of your loaded guns in the oven and forget about them, you'll die. Have I mentioned how awesome MythBusters is? Supposedly, if one takes two phone books and puts them together a la overlapping the pages one by one by one and so on that they can hold together with nothing but friction up to about 8,ooo pounds of pressure. That means you could hang two compact cars from it and it would still hold. They couldn't get it to break until they attached it to two tanks and had them ride in opposite directions like torturing someone by pulling them apart by two horses. That's pretty cool, in my opinion.

I suppose that's the end of this post. Hope it wasn't too mundane for you.

4 comments:

  1. I want to know what the quote said! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, 8000 pounds?! And how big is a giant mutant shark?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mutant sharks are about the size of a whale I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma worked at Hiram college for 15 years. I've seen and heard a lot but I appreciate your respect for Grandma.

    ReplyDelete