Friday, April 24, 2009

Procrastination Rocks

So I'm coming to the realization that I'm a lazy student. I have been awake for the past 20+ hours writing a 6 page paper on why lying is good. It was assigned over a week ago and is due today (Friday) in a few hours. Before I can turn it in though I have to finish writing a 5 minute speech on how to stop emotional/mental and physical abuse for a group speech project that is due, yup, today. I missed the last two classes, Monday I wasn't feeling well and Wednesday my car was blocked in, and so I was unaware when I would be going or what the speech was supposed to be on as my group hadn't told me yet. When I texted a kid in my group to ask him what the deal was he simply responded with, "We go tomorrow. You're the conclusion. Maria said she e-mailed you the topic. You have to say how to stop abuse. It has to be 5 minutes long." Sweet... thanks for the advanced warning people.

Today is my dad's birthday and I was planning on going home but now I'm not. A few things factored into this decision. 1) I am not going to drive the 35 minutes home after 30ish hours of being awake. 2) He's coming down here Saturday. 3) He's coming down here Sunday. 4) I have a portfolio due Monday that needs to include 2 papers, a letter and a revision statement. 5) I have 2 papers due by Friday online. 6) I think I have a take-home test due by Friday as well but since I missed the last 2 classes I don't know if it's been handed out yet.

Yea, I hate the last week of classes. On the brighter side, yay last week of classes! After this week I have 2 finals and then I'm done! Then comes the joy of a continued search for a job. Anyone hiring? :D

Because I Can:

"I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential."

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Dad. I'm sure Dad would understand and want you to finish your work. I believe he must be pretty proud of you.

    ReplyDelete